4 skin-on chicken breasts, or 6 skin-on chicken thighs
2 TBSP apricot jam
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
1 TSP dried tarragon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine jam, mustard and tarragon in a small saucepan. Heat just enough to melt jam.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer in a baking dish and brush with glaze. Baste frequently, adding water as needed. Cook for 30 minutes, or until juice runs clear.
Fresh Green Paste for the Grill
2 big handfuls fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic
juice of 1 lime
1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded
2 or 3 green onions
1/4 cup olive oil
Fresh black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients, and blend to a paste.
2. Slather over your choice of skin-on chicken pieces, and grill till fully cooked.
Country Ribbon BBQ Rub
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 TBSP chili powder
2 TBSP paprika
1 TBSP ground cumin
1 TSP cayenne pepper
1 TBSP garlic powder
1 TBSP dry mustard
2 TSP salt
2 TSP pepper
- Mix, and store in an airtight container. To use, coat all skin thoroughly, avoiding exposed meat.
Coconut Chicken Curry with Peppers
4 TBSP vegetable oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or 6 boneless, skinless thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 TBSP Indian or Thai curry paste (make sure it is paste, not a prepared sauce)
2 1/2 TSP garlic, minced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow or orange pepper, sliced
1 cup coconut milk
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add curry paste and fry till fragrant. Add chicken and stir-fry over medium heat until nearly cooked.
2. Add garlic and onions, and continue to cook for about 2 minutes. Add peppers, and coconut milk, stirring to form sauce. Cook until peppers are tender-crisp.
3. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steaming hot white rice.
Teriyaki Chicken Pasta
1 TSP olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 zucchini, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
5 mushrooms, chopped
1 pkg. spaghetti
1 TBSP cornstarch
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 1/4 cup chicken stock
1 TBSP liquid honey
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat oil in large skillet, and cook chicken about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, mushrooms and peppers, sautéing till tender-crisp.
2. Whisk soya sauce and cornstarch until smooth, and add satay sauce and 1/4 cup of the stock. Add to skillet, and allow to simmer.
3. Remove pasta from heat, drain and set aside. In the empty pot, mix together remaining chicken broth and honey. Return pasta to pot, and pour in the chicken mixture. Toss and serve.
Easy Chicken and Mushroom Bake
1 package of chicken flavoured stuffing mix
1 1/2 cups hot water
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup 2% milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine seasoning pack from stuffing mix, with the hot water and butter, Let it stand till the butter melts and stir in the stuffing crumbs. Let stand for five minutes.
2. Place the chicken in the middle of an 8×11 backing dish. Combine the soup and the milk, and pour the mixture over the chicken. Spoon some of the crumb mixture over the chicken, arrange the rest around the sides.
3. Bake for 35 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked and the juices run clear.
Grilled Satay Chicken with Peanut Dipping Sauce
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 whole skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
3/4 cup roasted peanuts, ground fine in a food processor
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
ten 8-inch skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
1 teaspoon minced fresh coriander sprigs
1. Combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, and ground coriander in a small bowl. Transfer 1/2 cup of the mixture to a non-reactive medium bowl, stir in cornstarch, and add chicken. Marinate up to 24 hours.
2. Combine remaining coconut mixture, peanuts, lime juice, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan, simmering 10 minutes, or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl and cool.
3. Thread 1 piece chicken onto each skewer and grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
4. Sprinkle dipping sauce with fresh coriander and serve with chicken.