Baked Parmesan Chicken Nuggets
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 TSP salt
1 TSP Italian seasoning
pepper to taste.
1 egg, beaten 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Combine crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
4. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place on greased cookie sheet, and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Whole Wheat Chicken Breasts Dijonnaise
4 medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste.
2 TSP Dijon mustard
2 TSP low-fat mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix the mustard and mayonnaise. Coat each chicken breast evenly.
3. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper, and spread on a flat plate. Coat chicken thoroughly in crumb mixture.
4. Place chicken on a greased baking sheet and cook 15-18 minutes, then broil for about several minutes more to brown the crumbs.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 pound bacon, chopped
1 cup onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 TSP salt
1 TSP pepper
1 TSP pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 cup fresh parsley
1 pkg spaghetti
- 1. Sauté bacon, onion, garlic and chicken in a medium saucepan until nicely browned and chicken is cooked. Drain fat from pan.
2. Cook the spaghetti . While it’s boiling, whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, cheese and parsley.
3. Drain the pasta and place in large bowl. Immediately add the hot bacon mixture, and the egg mixture, and toss. Serve with plenty of cheese.
One Pan Chicken and Veggie Roast
6-9 skin on chicken thighs
1/4 of a lemon
salt to taste
several fresh rosemary or thyme sprigs
6 TBSP olive oil
1/4 cup chicken stock
2 large carrots cut in spears
2 large parsnips cut in spears
1 red pepper cut in chunks
1 large sweet onion cut in chunks
1 regular or sweet potato cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Scatter the vegetables in a large roasting pan. Douse with olive oil and a bit of salt, and toss till covered.
- 2. Rub chicken thighs with lemon juice and place in pan with veggies. Crush the rosemary or thyme to release flavours and place in pan with Chicken and veggies. Zest the lemon into strips, and place in pan. Toss it all up. Sprinkle salt over the skin of each chicken thigh.
- 3. Roast for about 40-55 minutes, until skin is crispy and brown. Remove chicken and veggies and let rest on a plate, uncovered.
- 4. Deglaze pan with chicken stock and serve on the side as a dipping sauce.
Chicken and Broccoli Divan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced2 TBSP margarine
1 TBSP lemon juice
3 TBSP flour
2 cups milk
1 TSP tarragon
1/8th TSP nutmeg
1/4 TSP salt
1/2 TSP ground black pepper
4 cups broccoli spears
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté chicken in margarine until golden brown. Remove, sprinkle with lemon juice, and set aside.
- 2. Thoroughly whisk flour into the pan juices, stirring over medium heat. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in tarragon, nutmeg, salt, pepper and half the cheese.
- 3. Blanch broccoli in boiling water till just tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- 4. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 5. Spread rice in greased backing pan, and top with broccoli, chicken, sauce and cheese. Bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbling and browned.
1/2 cup balsamic or Italian salad dressing
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TSP chili powder
1TSP cumin powder
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast Fillets or breast or thighs, cut into strips
1 TBSP vegetable oil
1 onion thinly sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
The juice of half a lemon
- 1. Combine salad dressing, chili powder, cumin, garlic and hot pepper sauce in a non-reactive bowl, then add the chicken strips. Marinate for up to 24 hours.
2. Heat oil in skillet, add chicken and sauté till cooked, 6-8 minutes.
- 3. Remove from pan, increase heat to high and add the onion and peppers. Stir fry three minutes, ensuring vegetables stay crisp. remove from heat, return chicken to pan and sprinkle with lemon. Garnish with shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa etc. to suit your taste.