Newfoundland Vegetable Chicken Stew
2 TBSP olive oil
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
2 cups onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup dry, white wine
1 TSP summer savory
2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
2 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
2 medium turnips, peeled and chopped
5 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup cream
2 TBSP cornstarch
1. Heat oil in large pot. Saute chicken till brown on all sides, approximately 8 minutes. Remove chicken from pot, and set aside.
2. Add onions and garlic to pot, and sauté in drippings. Add wine and savory, and simmer till wine evaporates, about 4 minutes.
3. Return chicken to pot, and add vegetables. Pour broth over everything, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, till chicken is cooked, and vegetables are tender.
4. Remove chicken and vegetables from broth. Boil liquid about 10 minutes. Mix cream and cornstarch, add to broth and simmer till thickened. Return chicken and vegetables to pot, and serve.
Jiggs Dinner with Roasted Chicken
1 whole chicken (2-3 pounds)
1 piece salt beef (1 pound, or so)
2 1/2 heads green cabbage, quartered
1 turnip, peeled
8 large carrots, peeled and chopped into large chunks
8 large potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
Roasting the chicken:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove any giblets from inside the cavity, then place chicken breast side up in roasting pan.
2. Season skin with salt and pepper and rub with olive oil, if desired.
3. Roast chicken between 50-70 minutes depending on size. Chicken is ready when thermometer reads 165 degrees and juice runs clear when a knife is inserted into join between the body and the thigh.
4. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
For the boiled meal:
1. The day before making the Jigg’s Dinner, separately soak the salt beef and the split peas in fresh water overnight to remove the excess salt. The next day, replace the water that the beef is soaking in , and soak for several more hours.
2. Put beef in a large pot filled with water, and bring to a boil. Drain the peas, put into a wet pudding bag and place in the water with the beef.
3. After an hour and twenty minutes, it’s time to begin adding the vegetables. First, add the cabbage. At the one and a half hour mark, you can add the carrots and turnips. Finally, after one hour and forty minutes, add the potatoes.
4. At the two hour mark, remove from heat, sort vegetables, mash peas and serve with dressing, gravy and a golden roasted chicken!
Chicken Pot Pie
Pastry for a nine-inch double crust pie
2 cups mixed frozen vegetables
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, boiled and chopped
1 TSP thyme
1 TSP summer savory
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line pie pan with pastry
2. Steam vegetables for 3 minutes, and drain.
3. Combine chicken, veggies, thyme, savory and soups in a bowl.
4. Fill pie shell, cover with another crust, crimp edges, and cover in foil. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes. Remove from over, let stand, and serve.
Classic Newfoundland Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 chicken breasts, with skins and bones
1 rib celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup mushrooms, very finely chopped, and squeezed of excess moisture (use a paper towel)
1 onion, minced
2 cups dry bread crumbs
4 TBSP butter
1 TSP Newfoundland Savory
1/2 TSP sage
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Saute the onions and mushrooms in butter. Add savory and sage. Remove from heat, and add bread crumbs, moistening with water if necessary.
2. Carefully slice center of chicken breast, creating a space to put the dressing mixture. Pound either side lightly. Fill centre with dressing, and roll.
3. Place on baking sheet, and season skin with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes, basting throughout.
- Буй - регистрация на официальном сайте казино, акции и бонусы
- Играть в игровые автоматы онлайн казино obzor-kazino.online
- Играть в игровые слоты онлайн казино Дрифт
- Лучшие игровые автоматы интернет казино Казино Х на деньги
- Онлайн казино Джойказино официальный сайт
- Регистрация и актуальное зеркало официального сайта казино Пин Ап
- Регистрация и рабочее зеркало сайта казино Азарт Плей