Chicken and Broccoli Divan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced2 TBSP margarine
1 TBSP lemon juice
3 TBSP flour
2 cups milk
1 TSP tarragon
1/8th TSP nutmeg
1/4 TSP salt
1/2 TSP ground black pepper
4 cups broccoli spears
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté chicken in margarine until golden brown. Remove, sprinkle with lemon juice, and set aside.
- 2. Thoroughly whisk flour into the pan juices, stirring over medium heat. Slowly whisk in milk, stirring constantly until smooth. Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in tarragon, nutmeg, salt, pepper and half the cheese.
- 3. Blanch broccoli in boiling water till just tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK!
- 4. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 5. Spread rice in greased backing pan, and top with broccoli, chicken, sauce and cheese. Bake for 45 minutes, or until bubbling and browned.