Mushroom and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
1 TBSP olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 TBSP fresh basil (1/2 TBSP if dried), chopped salt and pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup white wine
- 1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté till softened.
- 3. Add the mushrooms, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- 4. Add the feta and the basil and cook till the feta is melted. Season with salt and pepper, and remove the pan from the heat.
- 5. Cut a lengthwise pocket in the chicken breasts, and spoon half of the mushroom mixture into each.
- 6. Fry the chicken breast over medium heat in the pan for two minutes, until browned, and transfer to oven. Keep frying pan with juices to make sauce later. Roast for 10-12 minutes, until completely cooked through.
- 7. Remove from oven, and lay to rest.
- 8. Place pan back on heat, add the wine, and reduce.
- 9. Pour over chicken, and serve immediately.