Tomato and Chicken Pockets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 chicken breast, cut into strips
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 TSP balsamic vinegar
1/4 TSP dried oregano salt and pepper to taste
6 small cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tomatoes, diced
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2 whole-wheat pitas
low-fat mayonnaise to taste
- 1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the chicken, onion and garlic till softened.
- 2. Add balsamic vinegar, and oregano.
- 3. Mix tomatoes, basil, a drizzle of olive oil and the pepper.
- 4. Cut the pita in half, and spread with mayo. Add lettuce.
- 5. Divide chicken and tomato mixtures between the pitas.